So of course I had to come back from this long hiatus with an epic topic. 😏
I have been so busy!! New job, new places traveled, new weather season, new clothes, etc., etc. I know all of us have been busy and it’s slowing down *just* a tad because of the season change. Continue reading
Hello everyone!Yeah, I’m pretty late with welcoming 2016 and saying goodbye to 2015 thing. It has been a crazy month and a half offline and full of transitions. To this day, I’m still struggling with writing 16 at the end of a date. I did not even post my 22-inch blizzard experience a few weeks ago! If it makes it any better, I totally camped indoors and crocheted a hat and scarf set. 🙂
What’s Been Going On?
- I introduced a new site platform for my shop, niecynotes back in December. At the moment, it is down for “renovations.” I want to add on new features and products and still working out the kinks. I have been so busy with life and its many ups and downs that I haven’t had a chance to fully focus on it. But by the end of this month/early March, it will be up and running again!
- During my mini hiatus, I lost a dear friend which got me thinking hard about life. My friend was so self-sacrificing. Unbeknownst to many, she was terminally ill but still gave her all to friends, family and most of all, to God. She was one to always help others when she could, one that will make others laugh or smile, and one that never complained. It was a shock to find out about her death and it really made me think about what I am doing with my life. So for the past month, I’ve been on “reflective-introvert-mode” figuring things out (my future, my “now,” etc). Sorry to get all deep and mushy on you guys.
Onward to happy things…
I aim to write more on the blog and thinking of posting a few series. I tried out the series thing a few months ago and did not keep up with it. Not this time! I will keep it up with the following schedule:
- Motivation Mondays: Quotes and a tidbit of advice that corresponds
- Whatever Wednesdays: Posts about anything, including shop updates
- Foodie Fridays: Recipes and restaurants to try for the weekend! Have fun and impress someone 😉
During the other days I will be focused on the shop and offline life. But you can always follow up with me in the social media realm – Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
So everyone, thanks for your patience and for sticking with me! Next post should be a bit more uplifting. 😀
Welcome June and hello (soon to be) summer!
How was your first half of 2015? Hopefully good! I know mine was pretty busy but decent. Nothing too crazy. 🙂 Now it’s time to think about goals for the second half of the year.
I love graduation season! I think it is the sense of accomplishment that I love about it. It feels like yesterday since my college graduation. Actually, it was an unbelievable seven years ago! Who knew that would happen so fast?
Today is 01/15/15.
First off, who told January to hurry up and end? Already, we are in the middle of the month. What is the rush? Second, I cannot believe I’m living 15 years into the 2000s! Oh my goodness! I feel old. Lol
Remember how nervous some people were of the “Y2K” thing? Did people really think in the blink of an eye and the turn of a second, the world was going to go crazy if the tech systems didn’t turn from 1999 to 2000? Well, look how wrong people were! We’re crazy with all these tech systems now.
I would have never thought of having a tablet or a smartphone or using social media. Before Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and the like, we used community forums. Did blogs even exist in 2000? If so, it must have been very new too.
Think back again and remember the most popular tech item: a BlackBerry. Apple was beginning to grow with their iPod Generation 1. Playstation 2 came out in a big uproar as well and America Online was still the “big time internet” service of its day.
Oh, I remember those modem noises so well. And the ultra slow internet. The worse was waiting for someone to get off the phone in order to use it. This is even before DSL cable. You could get AOL on a CD ROM via mail and upgrade to the latest by switching up. Surprisingly enough, I know a few people who STILL use AOL to this DAY! We are in the world of FiOs, WiFi and Gmail for goodness sake: Please upgrade!
A few of the most popular TV shows were Friends, ER, Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (With Regis Philbin) and Survivor – the very first series. Surely not in that order, but I’m thinking off the top of my head.
Do you have any memories of the year 2000? Comment below!
Hello all! It’s 2015 (wooooo!) and we made it another year alive and well. Everyone looks to make changes in the new year but I feel that if you want to make a change, just go for it at the time you think about it. Last year, I had a number of transitions – big and little, good and bad, sudden and gradual. Those transitions made me think about life and where I was in it.
Now it’s time to turn up the heat with those transitions and move along in a positive direction. 🙂 I don’t do “new year’s resolutions” because setting goals shouldn’t be limited to a certain month or year. Life is an ongoing process! I want to make life goals. I’m all about the future, baby!! 😜😎