So, you made a big emotional boo-boo and hurt someone. Now you have to buckle down and apologize. You could text the person or leave them a voicemail, but would that really be personal and sincere?
You know what it’s time for. Time for a special note.
Last Right Way to Write I post showed you how to tell someone you loved them. What if you messed up big time with that same person? Hopefully not. But if so or with anyone else, try using a card below:
The front of the card should soften the offended party just a bit at least. It’s too cute!
Or maybe you had an epic fail moment…
Here are a couple of ways to write I’m sorry to anyone:
You must always start off with acknowledging your mistake. Following that is acknowledging how bad they must feel. Last, your apology.
- “Hey. I know you are still mad at me for that argument. I know you are hurt, frustrated and just tired of my mistakes. Please forgive me. I’m sorry.”
- “I would like to apologize for handling that assignment in a harsh way. I let down the team and I know you all are suffering. Please forgive my mistake and let’s mend this bond.”
BOOM! Sorry messages you can use! What other ways can you say I’m sorry? Leave it in the comments below. 🙂
Well looking at that title, there are numerous ways to say that phrase. So many songs, items and even food can help you tell someone you love them. But if you truly, truly, TRULY feel like you need to say it to a special person and are a little shy, handwriting a note is a good start!
A while back, I discussed how to write great get well notes. Today, we’re taking a spin on I Love You notes.
** Note: This does not have to be given during any certain holiday (ahem, Valentine’s Day). I mean, if you truly love someone, you would show and tell them EVERYDAY you can, right? 😉
To Any Special Someone
This can be as long or short as you like. Even a poem can suffice. I’ll give you a short example:
“Sometimes I can’t express my love in a showy display.
But please accept this note to say
that I love you
Might be a wannabe Haiku and a little cheesy, but we all need a little cheese every once in a while. So what would you say? Show me in the comments!
It’s tough to see someone you care about suffering with a sickness no matter what it is. A cold, aches and pains, cancer – just a rough time for all. To keep a positive attitude, it is best to look on the bright side and spread the positivity.
The last post mentioned different scenarios in saying “congrats” to friends, family, coworkers and schoolmates. Even though this current topic is a little down, we want to keep it just as uplifting and encouraging. You know, happy thoughts lead to a positive viewpoint. 🙂
What to Say
With anyone feeling down, you want to keep positive thoughts in the forefront. Feature something they like, even something you mutually like. Of course humor is the go-to to making someone happy. Be mindful how far you’ll go though. The more laughs, the more relaxed they are. Those stress cells will melt away! Remember, empathy is key to writing a great get well note.
- Hey there hun. Don’t let this sickness get you down! Before you know it, we’ll be shoe shopping and baking cupcakes again 🙂 Get well girly!
- Don’t worry about anything! Your job right now is to take care of yourself. We’ll even have a fresh, clean desk waiting for you…with a full candy jar and EVERYTHING!
- You’re not the only one suffering from this cancer. We all are. Don’t cry over what you feel you can’t do. Cry with tears of joy that you have a support system who loves you through and through! #teamWeGotThis
Do you have any suggestions for a get well card? Show us in the comments!
Did you know that some people have a major issue with writing personal notes? Yup. I know a few people who absolutely hates to write *gasps* and a few people who thrive with a pen and paper. It’s so easy to think well, I really don’t have time to sit and write or I can’t think of what to write!
Totally understandable. This is why I am creating a new series for those who are stuck on what to write called “The Right Way to Write…” Every other week, I will choose an occasion to help you write a special note, based on my note cards! You may or may not have trouble with this but it is always good to get a few suggestions along the way.
Anyone can type a text or Facebook inbox message – but it can be misconstrued or seemingly impersonal. Handwriting a note takes time, thought and feeling. Wouldn’t you feel special if someone gave you a kind handwritten note, especially in this age of technology? Spark your imagination with a few short words. Let’s start with writing a short “Congrats” to someone.
GOAL: To Be Awesome Card via the niecynotes shop
For Close Friends and Family
Get creative with a little personal interest. Now don’t get too personal because they will have to keep it and others may read it in the future. Say something like:
- “Congratulations sweetie! To see you graduate [or other special occasion] and grow up to be a fine young [man or lady] has truly made me proud.”
- “Congrats buddy! Keep up the good work and let’s show ’em who’s boss!”
For Colleagues/School Mates
If you have something small in common with the person, try to incorporate it in the note when possible. Once again, do not be too personal, harsh or sarcastic (unless they like that sort of thing). Something like:
- “Congrats on the promotion! I knew you’d fit the bill after handling that big project. Once again, congrats.”
- “You did a FANTASTIC job on that biology presentation. It was a rough one, but you made it through!”
So, did you get any ideas yet? What would you say? Write it in the comments below!